Life in Lumsden
Lumsden, Saskatchewan is a small and charming town with a rich history and a population of fewer than 2000 people. Despite being a small town, Lumsden offers great things for everyone.
Modern Country Living
Lumsden is a vibrant and active community, located ideally in the middle of many of saskatchewan’s destinations
- 15-20 minutes from Regina and Costco
- 18 minutes from Regina Beach
- 25 minutes from Saskatchewan Beach
- 50 minutes from Moose Jaw
- 5 minutes from Craven
- Several lake and camping areas; such as Dallas Valley Ranch Camp, Riverpark Campground, Buffalo Pound Provincial Park, and Rowan’s Ravine Provincial Park
Nature & Wildlife At Your Doorstep
Surrounded by beautiful prairie landscapes, rolling hills, scenic valleys, and living skies, the town of Lumsden is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, moose, coyotes, and a wide range of bird and fish species.
Necessities & Amenities
Lumsden boasts all of the conveniences and necessities for day-to-day life.
- English/French Immersion elementary school and English High School
- Major health, safety, fire, and emergency services as well as a pharmacy and fitness & wellness centres
- Childcare, early learning, pre-kindergarten, and many extracurricular programs
- Aesthetic and spa services, including hair, nail, spray tanning, massage, and many more
- Banks, insurance providers, and a supermarket and convenience store
- Automotive, towing, and gas
- Locally owned and operated businesses, shops, and restaurants
- Major local events, including Duck Derby Fundraiser and the Scarecrow Festival
Exciting Local Events & Activities
THIS SMALL TOWN IS PERFECT FOR ACTIVE FAMILIES AND RETIREES, WITH AMPLE OPPORTUNITIES FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS TO EXPLORE THE HOBBIES AND LEISURE ACTIVITIES THEY LOVE.
- Extracurricular clubs and sports for school-aged children (soccer, badminton, skating, etc.)
- Summer swimming program, ball diamonds
- Baseball, softball leagues, Lumsden Sports Centre and Rink, and Nordic Ski Club
- Beaver / Cubs / Scouts, Sparks / Brownies / Guides / Pathfinders, Curling Club.
- Splash pad, skatepark, dog park, playgrounds
- Golf at Deer Valley and Flowing Springs
- Fishing, canoeing, and hiking
- Arts and culture through community band and choir, the Lumsden Museum, public library and galleries
- Several lake and beach areas and campgrounds (Dallas Valley Ranch Camp, Riverpark Campground, Regina Beach, Saskatchewan Beach, etc.)
- Senior activities, Legion, and Lions Club
- Fitness & health center, yoga studio, and massage therapists
The Country development will feature around 5 acres of accessible, usable greenspace—a neighbourhood park.
Located in the horizon community of Lumsden, The Country welcomes you to modern country living with well-built homes and a true sense of community.
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on development and availability.